Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) have been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian society. The SC/ST Cell of the College was established with the primary aim of empowering the SC and ST students in the College, and assisting them in their curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The Cell has been set up to help students from these communities become part of the mainstream and achieve all-round development.
- To provide equal educational opportunities for students under SC/ST community
- To arrange financial support from governmental agencies and other sources to students under these communities
- To give awareness of the various scholarship schemes of the Central and State Governments
- To encourage these students to enrol for courses, workshops, programs, etc. which the College offers students in an attempt to equip them with the skills needed for their careers
Functions and activities
- To timely publicizing the various Central and State Government scholarship and schemes
- To provide personal counselling in case of emotional emergencies