National Service Scheme
Two Units of the National Service Scheme has been functioning in the College. The NSS aims at education through community service. It is intended to arouse the social conscience of student community by preparing them to be useful to society.
National Cadet Corps
An NCC Subunit of (22 – Kerala) girls Battallion NCC has been functioning actively in the college. The aim of NCC is to develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful and responsible citizens. Dr. Priya Kurian, HoD, Dept. of History, serve as the ANO.
Each student of the College is assigned to one staff member who advises the student about her problems. The purpose of the tutorial system is to build up and maintain close personal relationship among teachers, students and parents. It is expected that the students as well as their parents keep in touch with the concerned teacher.
Arts, Sports and Games
The College offers all facilities to every student who desires to develop their faculties in arts, sports and games. In order to ensure the participation of all students, house wise competitions will be held. The participation of each student in these activities is compulsory.
The women’s cell of any institution aims at gender equality and gender justice. The cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students and staff about women grievances at the College. In our college, the women’s cell focusses on motivating our girls and inculcating a sense of self respect within them. The cell also tries to incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college. Personality development is also paid attention
Career Guidance & Placement Cell
A Career Guidance Cell is functioning in the College. The Centre provides opportunity to have information regarding courses and career prospects. The Centre is arranging coaching classes for the students to enable them to participate in the competitive examinations and to face interviews with confidence.
The College avails the service of a trained counsellor, Mrs. Sunila Mary Raju for helping the students. Counselling is aimed at the health and growth of the total person. Counselling helps the student to become aware of the real problem, to know the cause of the thoughts behind negative feelings, to take decisions that will be condusive to one’s psychic energy positively. Students who need counselling may avail themselves of the opportunity. Confidentiality is ensured in all matters.
Morning worship is held at 9 a.m. in the College Chapel on all days except Wednesdays The staff and students who wish to attend are welcome.
Value Education classes
A 30 minutes session is arranged on the first Wednesday of every month for value education classes. Dr. Gigi George, Associate Professor, Dept. of Mathematics, is the Coordinator.
The major activities of the association include the establishment of a harmonious relationship between the students and their Alma mater. On the Republic Day (January 26) the former students Meet is arranged in the College. This year the Association proposes to give life membership to its former students by ensuring their active participation in the activities of the College.
Camps and Excursions
Camps and Excursions may be organised only with the prior permission of the Principal. Excursion parties arranged by the Hostel or Associations should be accompanied by the members of the staff. Excursions will be allowed only once during the course of study and preferably in the final year. It may be arranged in such a way to minimize the loss of working days.
Parent Teacher Association assists the College in the various development activities
Several clubs functions in the College like the Drama club, Reader’s club, Debate club, Health club, Speaker’s corner, Science forum, etc
Government Scholarships and Fee Concessions
- Poor students of other backward communities who are bonafide subjects of Kerala State are eligible for full fee concession. They will have to produce the necessary nativity and income certificate issued by the village officer.
- Students belonging to SC/ST/GEC including kudumbies and converts from them are eligible for full fee concession, lumpsum grant for purchase of books, actual boarding and lodging charges in college hostels/ government hostels or monthly stipend at the rate fixed by the government from time to time. this concession shall be granted by the Department of Development for SC/ST on proper application with necessary certificate to be submitted at the prescribed time.
- Harness fee concession: students who are children of Kerala government servants who died in harness or within six months after retirement will be eligible for full fee concession for one year in each class subject to their annual family income.
- Educational concession to children of Political Sufferers: Awarded to the children and grandchildren of political suferers provided annual income does not exceed Rs. 15000/-
- Concession under Kumarapillai Commission Report: Students belonging to socially and educationally backward classes and other communities whose family income does not exceed Rs.25000/-, Rs.42000/- respectively in the case of BA/BSc.and MA/ MSc are eligible for full concession.
- Post Matric Scholarship(PMS)
- Central Sector Scholarship(CSS)
- State Merit Scholarship(SMS)
- Hindi Scholarship(HS)
- Muslim Nadar Girls Scholarship(MNS)
- Sanskrit Scholarship(SSE)
- Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship(SJMS)
- C H Muhammedkoya Scholarship(MGS)
- Blind/PH Scholarship(BPHFC)
- Single Girl Child Scholarship
- University Merit Scholarship
- Children of Fishermen
- Higher Education Scholarship