The contemporary period witnesses the outbreak of information explosion and people need current, authentic and up-to-date information within no time at their finger tips. The library is the heart of all academic activities of the college. It provides a place where teachers and students can pursue research and study unhampered by noise and other disturbances. Its facilities and services exist solely to cater to the needs of the academic community of the college.
Unique Features of the library
- The college library is open uninterrupted for its users from 9am to 4 pm on all working days
- The librarian and the library staff are always at the service of the library users for their information need’.
- Library is using LIBSOFT software for library management.
- Digital library using LIBSOFT software helps users to access online information whenever they are in need.
- Users can access thousands of e journals and e books through N LIST programme of INFLIBNET free of cost.
Institute of Information and E-Learning Technology (IIeLT)
Mar Thoma College for Women, aims at imparting higher education to rural women in and around Perumbavoor. Keeping up with the present requirement of higher education, we aim at generating awareness in computers and IT among students and women public. We have opened a computer centre, Institute of Information and e-Learning Technology (lIeLT), which has been accredited by the DOEACC, Government of India for the ‘O’ level and CCC examinations. The courses offered here are PGDCA, DCA, CCOAP and other short term courses. Dr. Biju Jacob Thomas, HoD, Dept. of Zoology, is the Coordinator of IIeLT.
A hostel meant exclusively for the students of the College is functioning in the College campus.
The College canteen is functioning in the campus.
Photo copying facility is available at the College office and also at the IIeLT Centre.
The College provides a fitness centre for the purpose of physical exercise. It aims at an all-round development of the young women